Yardi Exchange Forums  

Go Back   Yardi Exchange Forums > Yardi Voyager > Version 6
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 AM

Default Internet Explorer 10

Now that Microsoft is starting to 'push' IE 10 to users, we are having users who cannot utilize Voyager. Whether it be intentional or not, IE 10 is still getting installed. Does anybody know when Yardi will 'fix' the compatibility users with IE 10, Safari, Chrome, etc?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Default Browser Agnostic

Tammy,
I heard late last year that Yardi had been working on making the prouct brower agnostic. They realised it wasn't going to be that hard, so I am assuming we might see something showcased at the Fall YASC this year.

John Krebs
Independent Yardi Consultant
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Actually, I vaguely recall it may be in version 7.08, not too sure though. Can someone confirm?

John Krebs
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john. View Post
Actually, I vaguely recall it may be in version 7.08, not too sure though. Can someone confirm?
Confirmed. Haven't actually tried IE10. But have done tests on Opera and Firefox - all worked without error.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:12 AM

Unfortunately we don't have version 7.0 so that won't help. They need to make it compatible for version 6. I have many users getting really frustrated that they are not addressing this issue. We have other software that works fine with other browsers. Yardi is the only one that doesn't. You would think with all the resources they have they would dedicate a team to fix it. Especially when the browser they want you to use no longer works! I see real issues when people start buying Windows 8 Pcs.

Thanks so much for your information. I appreciate it.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default Ie 10

Tammy,
you probably don't want to read this, but, this might form part of your business case for upgrading. There seems to be quite a few companies now contemplating the upgrade from 6 to 7. How complex is your Yardi environment. I managed to upgrade an instance of Commercial (AP & AR), Maintenance (POs), B&F -> Advanced Budgeting, ASP Hosted, 80 users in two months. I had approximately 2.5 internal resources, 1 Yardi resource, and myself. It was tough, but doable.

john.

John Krebs
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 AM

John,

We don't have the option to upgrade to 7.0. We are not International and therefore Yardi won't give us the upgrade. We tried last year to upgrade to this. We can only upgrade 6.0 to the latest service packs on which we are now current.

We determined that we will have to put a 'blocker' on everyone's PCs that has Automatic Updates turned on. It is a big PAIN, but it has to be done.

Thanks again
Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 AM

There was recent post on the Linked In Yardi System Users Group about IE10. It looks like the core works but the plug ins are still being tested. Our IT Department does not allow automatic updates probably just for this reason.

What was posted
Yardi Support's reply regarding IE compatibility was as follows:

"Voyager is now compatible with IE 10, yet there are some caveats. Below is the updated system requirements specs for Voyager. As you can see, the core Voyager program is compatible with IE 10; the plugins, at the current moment, are in the process of being tested for compliance as well. See below for a complete description. Have a great day."
Old 03-20-2013, 06:52 AM

Thank you. I got that post as well.

I downloaded IE 10 to my PC and it will allow you to login and go from screen to screen with Compatibility view turned on. I am doing some more testing, but I still think we will hit a couple of road blocks.

For now, we are still going to add the blocker as needed to our offsite users.

Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 AM

This from Yardi:

Quote:
INTERNET EXPLORER 10 SETTINGS FOR VOYAGER

NOTES: These settings are preliminary and may require additional testing. All referenced settings are located on the Internet Options screen, unless otherwise noted. These apply to IE10 on both Windows 8 and Windows 7 platforms, unless otherwise noted.

Voyager 6.0.08 and 7.0.6
Add the Voyager Web site to the Trusted sites zone (Security tab).
Add the Voyager Web site to Compatibility View (Tools > Compatibility View Settings).
Turn OFF Enable Protected Mode check box (Security tab) for the Trusted sites zone.
If you have a 64-bit Windows workstation: Turn OFF Enhanced Protection Mode check box (Advanced tab > Security section).
For Windows 8, use Internet Explorer 10 Desktop browser, not Metro browser.
Voyager 7.0.8
Add the Voyager Web site to the Trusted sites zone (Security tab).
Turn OFF Compatibility View (Tools > Compatibility View Settings).
Turn OFF Enable Protected Mode check box (Security tab) for the Trusted sites zone.
If you have a 64-bit Windows workstation: Turn OFF Enable Enhanced Protection Mode check box (Advanced tab > Security section).
For Windows 8, use Internet Explorer 10 Desktop browser, not Metro browser.